Monday, July 11, 2011

Crepe Myrtles on a Country Road

I've been busy scouring the Texas Hill Country this summer in search of photographic opportunities.  I'm blessed to have endless possibilities right here in my own backyard.  Here's one:

(click on any image to see a larger version)
Crepe Myrtles on a Country Road

Details...
Canon 5D with EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens at 70mm
ISO 100    f/7.1    1/500

Digital Darkroom...
Normal tweaks in ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) - clarity, vibrance, increased contrast, etc. Then opened up the image in Photoshop CS5.

I cloned out a telephone pole and lines going across the road and a few dust spots from my dirty sensor. 

Next, I added a couple of textures:
     Scratchbox 4 (from this Shadowhouse Creations set) - Blend Mode: Color Burn @19% opacity
     Texture 168 (from lenabem_anna) - Blend Mode: Linear Burn @20% opacity

Here's what the image looked like before adding the texture:
That's it! Now, go forth and texturize...

No comments:

Post a Comment