Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One More Zoo Photo...

Captive
San Antonio Zoo

One final image from my trip to the San Antonio Zoo. If you're looking for a place to practice bird photography I'd highly recommend the San Antonio Zoo. They have the third largest bird collection in the US and many of the birds are in huge, multi-story enclosure that you can walk inside. No cages to shoot through! I passed over this image on my first sort but came back to it later. There was something about it that I liked... the body position of the bird and that great background. I experimented a bit and this is what I came up with.

UPDATE:  
I entered this one in the 2011 KACC Images Exhibit (the annual members show June 30 - July 31).
16x20 printed on metallic paper,  3/4-inch contemporary mount with black edges
$150

This is the SOOC image in case anyone is interested:

No comments:

Post a Comment