Friday, March 18, 2011

Fix-It-Friday #91

Here's my entry for I Heart Faces Fix It Friday.

Just to be clear: This is NOT MY PHOTO. It is provided to us by Dana Suggs and everyone edits the same photo. Got it? Dana's photo. My edit.


 Here's a larger version of my edit...

Here's how I did it:
1) I did some major sharpening on her eyes.
2) I used Topaz Detail (a Photoshop plugin) to convert to black & white.
3) Radial Blur filter centered on her face. Erased the blur off of her face using a layer mask.
4) Cleaned up some of the stray vines (on a separate layer).
5) Added a texture and changed the Blend Mode to Color Burn (which I thought made it look sort of like an old, scratched up film image).
6) Added a vignette (Quick Edge Burn - a free Photoshop action from The Pioneer Woman)

That's it! As always, feedback & constructive criticism are welcome.
Hop on over to I Heart Faces to see everyone else's edit of this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment