Sunday, December 13, 2009

Texas Savannah - PhotoQuest 2009

Texas Savannah
Ingram, Texas

My third entry to PhotoQuest 2009. This photo was taken at a beautiful spot in Ingram, Texas - By The River RV Park & Campground. I spent many hours wandering the 40+ acres of nature trails where Cypress and Oak trees line the banks of the Upper Guadalupe River. This is just one of the many beautiful and varied landscapes of the Texas Hill Country.

Everyone knows that I almost always have a camera with me. After all, you never know when you'll come across something extraordinary. But, there are times (like the day I took this photo) when I get tired of lugging the big camera around. Luckily I had my "just-in-case" camera with me when I was out walking and this remarkable scene appeared.

Technical details...

Taken with my "just-in-case" point-and-shoot camera, a Canon PowerShot S2 IS. Focal length: 6.0mm. Exposure: ISO 100, 1/60, f / 4.0. The image was heavily processed in Photoshop using tone mapping techniques to increase the dynamic range. These techniques bring out the highlight and shadows so it more closely resembles the scene as I actually saw it. The finished photograph was professionally printed on Kodak Endura Ultra Metallic finish paper, chosen to accentuate the setting sun highlighting the canopy and the late evening sky. The finished print is 6"(H) by 9"(W).

If you are in the Kerrville area this month please stop by the museum and visit the show. (Click here for more details ) See my Honorable Mention entry here.

This print is also available in my etsy.com shop 

No comments:

Post a Comment